I always try to live by my code of honor. A man is nothing without his honor. “A sin is to betray your beliefs”.
- Don’t betray your code of honor.
- Defend your Bushido way.
- Live life as a Honorable Man.
- Don’t lie.
- Honesty takes courage.
- Don’t talk without a knowledge to support it.
- “Don’t argue with the crazy guy”.
- Always follow your sense of Justice
- Feel the pain of others.
- Always put your self in people’s shoe before making any decision.
- A simple smile goes a long way.
- There’s no honor in winning by cheating.
- “If you fall down 7 times make sure to get up 8 times.”
- Protect your promises.
- “For a samurai everywhere is Japan.”
- Holding back is disrespectful to your opponent.
- Live life in your way.
- “Respect is earned, not given”, So earn it.
- “A man is much more than the job he holds and clothes he wears.”
- Simplicity over Complexity
- Simple first, then Easy
- Abstraction, Abstraction, Abstraction
- Put your conventions layer on top of a well written abstraction
- Always choose a name for your variables which implies the variable content or usage.
- Never ever use variable names such as x, a, b, etc.
- Bugs before new features
- Docs before new features
New Feature Checklist
- Is it easy to extend the feature ?
- Is it scalable ?
- Is it easy to maintain ?
- Is it well documented ?
- Does it have the best possible performance ?
- What about tests ?
- Is it following the correct coding style ?
- Things that might fail:
- Dependant systems
- External storage
- “The Cloud”
Contribute to the Code Of Honor
If you found these codes useful and like to share your values with me, you’re welcome to create a PR
on the repository.